I recently got a lovely comment from Kim over at Colors Mixed Together and she nominated me for this bloggy award.
So what is it?
Well naturally I had to look into it to find out where this award (which is EVERYWHERE in the blog-osphere) came from. My blog-buddy Lauren had some info here, and Sopphey explained it really well too! So with that said, here’s what I gather:
The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 3,000 (numbers vary – we usually see 200) or so followers. What does ‘liebster’ mean? It’s a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Nominee must write 11 things about him/herself.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you has asked and create 11 questions for the bloggers you are nominating.
3. Here’s another place where numbers vary – some places say you must choose 3-5 bloggers to receive the award, and others say 11. I’m going with 5… because 11 is a lot, and as much as I want to share the love, I can’t help but feel like every blogger out there has received one (or more) of these.
4. Go to your nominees’ blogs and tell them.
11 Facts About Me
- I have a birthmark on my lip, and people always think I have food on my face or that my lipstick is smudged. It gets darker when I get a tan. I have never really been aware of it myself unless someone points it out…
- I can never seem to finish a cup or glass of ANYTHING! There is always at least a little left over. It drives both my parents and my husband a little bit crazy!
- Sitting at the kitchen (I’d say dining room, but I don’t have one!) table for a meal is one of my favourite pleasures, especially if I get to sit for a long time and talk and eat and talk and eat and…. you get the point.
- My husband jokes that I was born in Brazil as a mistake, and it really should have been Italy because I love all things Italian – food, wine, shoes, art…. I even learned (then taught) the language a few years back. Sadly I’m losing my Italian fluency because I never get to speak in Italian to anyone.
- Although I genuinely like to clean, I cannot stand doing the dishes. I could also do without vacuuming ever again.
- I was baptized in April of 2009, and it’s a day/moment I think about a lot.
- My birthday is on Christmas. Yep, December 25th. It’s pretty awesome because I always get to be with my family.
- I kept a poster I made in the 9th grade when I went to a Backstreet Boys concert for almost 10 years. I finally decided to get rid of, but only because I had a photo of it. I spent HOURS on that thing…
- I have an irrational fear of the dark. It all started with a scary story I heard in Elementary School and to this day I cannot have my hands or feet dangling over the edge of a couch or bed at night. So silly.
- I love, love, love ice cream. I ate gelato for lunch/dinner several times when I was in Italy and even paid €15 for gelato in Florence. It was easily 2 liters of it and I ate it all in one sitting. Crazy, I know.
- On our wedding day, Toronto easily had the worst traffic day in history! Well, at least it felt that way… It took some of our guests over 3 hours to make the normally 40-minute drive. Confession – I didn’t notice until after the ceremony.
11 Questions answered:
Cheese pizza with oregano… It was incredibly unhealthy and incredibly delicious!
Yes, in two senses – the lovey-dovey way (since I have found mine) and the friendship way because I know I have soul mates in my best friends.
I’m totally team Aniston. Not only is she one of THE most gorgeous women I have ever seen, but her years as Rachel on ‘Friends’ completely sealed my love for her.
That’s a great, but tough question! I’d have to say I’d go back to living in Brazil. I realize now more than ever how wonderful it is to have all of your family around you.
Brad Pitt all the way. (And yes, the Aniston thing is a coincidence). Oh and LL Cool J for like 4 minutes.
Chicken wings – because they’re super tasty and you can douse them in all kinds of sauces for flavoring. Mouth watering.
A photo of my family, a pack of Oreo’s and a glass of ice-cold milk. Totally impractical, because let’s face it, I’d never survive on my own, so I might as well go looking at the ones I love and eating my favourite cookies!
Definitely gold. It’s timeless, and when you don’t want the yellow stuff, make it white!
Eating popcorn for dinner. Oops!
That’s a tough question… so tough I’m not capable of answering it.
Here are my nominees!
And your 11 questions…
- Where are you sitting right now? What do you see?
- What was your proudest blogging moment so far?
- What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery? (We’re talking BIG money)
- Read any good books lately?
- Are you a morning or a night person?
- What was your favourite toy growing up?
- If you could live in any time period, which would it be and why?
- How many pairs of shoes do you own?
- What was the last super delicious thing you ate?
- What’s your favourite song right now?
- Coffee or tea?
Alright I guess I’m all done!! Thanks for the nod, Kim!
Have a great weekend, all!!