Did I miss something?

I know I just posted about flavoured water to quench the Summer thirst, but I swear, I don’t even remember the feeling of actually soaking in the sun and having that feeling of “I need something cold to drink right now.”  You know why that is?  Mother Nature is playing a sick trick on us this Summer.  It’s been Summer weather in Ontario for like 3 days in the last month.  And the other 16 days?  Cloudiness, occasional humidity, rain and even torrential downpours like Monday’s, which actually left most of Toronto stranded in floods!  Floods!!  Pretty terrible. (We are blessed not to have been affected even int he slightest by this.)

Ok, so what’s my point?

My point is that this crazy weather makes it really hard to sand down my deck, or paint the hutch/pantry that has been sitting in my kitchen for weeks (it’s getting a spray paint job and needs to be done outside), or even attempt to garden for more than 20 minutes at a time before getting rained on (no joke, that’s happened twice now).  Am I complaining?  Ummmm no because I have gotten to spend way more time working on my abs of steel at the gym!  And by that, of course, I mean sitting on the couch watching New Girl and eating chocolate brownie ice cream! HA!  True story…

Instead of doing that today, though, I thought I would share some really cool/inspiring Summery rooms/outdoor spaces that we can all daydream to.  Ready?

Front Porch[source]

tumblr_mpg1koyQFk1rrqsx6o1_500[source]

Helen-dining[source]

Coastal-Inspired-Kitchen-Makeover-1[source]

rope-accents-0811mld107418_vert[source]

101915037.jpg.rendition.largest[source]

2368039_original[source]

I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling a little more summery already.  And perhaps a touch envious of that front porch?  Yep.  Definitely.

• Reply Steph

Such pretty spaces. I hear ya on the Southern Ontario weather thing! My garden has all kinds of grass and weeds but I haven’t been able to pull them because every time I think to do it it’s raining. Glad you weren’t affected by the flooding!!

July 10, 2013 at 9:31 am

Thanks Steph! I’m with you on the lush but weedy grass! It sounds like we may have a dry weekend, so fingers crossed! :)

July 10, 2013 at 11:48 am
  • Reply Anja

Awww, I would totally move into your imaginary house – adorable photos. I can totally relate to the weather issue as this was a huge problem in Germany in May and June. Luckily, now we are on the path to perfect summer weather – yay! Maybe that restores your faith that summer will eventually come :-)

July 10, 2013 at 10:59 am

Thanks Anja! Doesn’t hurt to dream, right? :) I’m still hopeful that Summer weather is on its way soon!

July 10, 2013 at 11:49 am
  • Reply twopurplecouches

It’s been raining for about 2 weeks straight here in Ohio, and most disappointingly, during our Independence Day long weekend last week. Ugh. But yes, that front porch is lovely :) And yay to New Girl!

July 10, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Oh man! What is with all of the rain!?! Also, is there anyone who DOESN’T like New Girl? Even my husband is hooked… He loves Winston.

July 10, 2013 at 8:50 pm
      • Reply twopurplecouches

I am sure there will be a drought from August to October. I wish rain was better at rationing itself :-P. I cannot pick one favorite character. I love the Nick-Schmidt-Winston interactions. I love the ridiculousness that Jess adds to the mix. By far, the funniest show on tv :)

July 10, 2013 at 10:17 pm
    • Reply Rachel

Oh man, I’m in Columbus and I’m sick of all this rain too! :(

July 11, 2013 at 2:27 pm
  • Reply thethinkingcloset

Inspiring images indeed! Especially the one with the bright and colorful chairs. So much fun!

I wish I could send some of our sun and warmth your way. It has been in the 90s here everyday for the past few weeks, it seems…and while I love the sun, the humidity is pretty unbearable. So, how bout some warmth for some clouds? For at least a few hours? ;-)

July 10, 2013 at 6:14 pm

I would soak up that Florida sun so fast right now! But I hear you on the humidity… we typically have crazy humidity in Ontario all Summer. P.S. Super cloudy here all day! Let’s go ahead and switch.

July 10, 2013 at 8:53 pm
  • Reply Rachel

Things in Ohio are pretty much the same; our weather has not been summery at all lately! These photos were a much needed pick-me-up. (Now if only I could somehow have a kitchen as nice as the fourth photo!!) :)

July 11, 2013 at 2:25 pm