Fall Showed Up In The Kitchen!

I’m not really one for “Fall Decor”, if I can be perfectly honest.

I know.

Bad blogger!

But come on, when did that become a “thing”?  Maybe it’s because I don’t have a mantle, so I don’t feel the need to deck it all out in pumpkins and leaves and gourds of all shapes and sizes.

Though those little gourds are kinda cute.

And I have been totally crushing on those mega expensive white pumpkins…

But this is the ‘NO STUFF’ month!  So I am shopping the house, yet again and coming up with this:

PUMPKIN IN THE KITCHEN BUTTONIsn’t it totes adorbs?

You can say yes.  It’s ok.

So how did I get such cuteness if I’m not allowed to buy anything?

FALL DECOR IN THE KITCHEN 2The twig/vine pumpkin was $3.97 an the burlap/felt one was $5.97.

I bought them at Pottery Barn.

Last December!

I was shopping for Christmas decor, and when I saw these on sale I couldn’t pass them up!  I just knew I’d end up loving them forever because they are completely neutral and not at all “in our face”.  It was love at first sight.

WREATH IN THE KITCHENRemember this wreath?  Well now it has the perfect home.

You guys, do I sound like a real blogger now, or what?  All making wreaths and decorating for Fall with Pottery Barn pumpkins and stuff.  Gee golly.

FALL DECORATING IN THE KITCHENI took a lot of pictures of the hutch all slightly fall-ified.

Is it just me or do the reds and oranges in the treat jar and cookbooks seem to pop out just a tad more?

I knew it.

It’s just me.

PUMPKIN IN THE KITCHEN 2That little twig spoon is one of my favourite kitchen things!

FALL DECOR IN THE KITCHEN 3In all honesty, I love that this very small, almost insignificant change happened and my limitation of not being able to buy anything new kept it so simple and understated.

What do you think?

Did I do ok?

Oh, and also, I know some of you thought I was done for the day since I posted the Backstage Pass this morning, but no way Jose!  That was a cool side project I had been working on and the 31 Day Series is all about writing on one topic, right?  So here we are.

3 posts in 36 hours.  Woe!

See you tomorrow for The Friday Five!

• Reply Raven Corwin, aka Meggie

You did great! Just the right amount of seasonal without making it difficult to clean around- especially important in a kitchen-y area. It’s there, it’s subtle, but you feel it. Not that there’s anything wrong with going all out, but sometimes subtle suits better. I like it!

October 10, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Thank you!!! You’re right about making it easy to clean – and I wasn’t even thinking about that! Maybe I’ll go all out next year haha

October 11, 2013 at 8:57 am
  • Reply The Friday Five: Fallify – It’s a Thing!

[…] some things out, dusted them off and set up my own understated little corner of the house in full Fall fashion!  Now let’s see what other people make happen with all of the Fall goodness we have […]

October 11, 2013 at 8:02 am
  • Reply Gillian

I am terrible at decorating…seasonally or otherwise. I can appreciate all the work bloggers put in to that look but I like more simple and subtle decorations myself. I like what you’ve done and I loooooooove the pattern on those white saucers in the top picture. What is it!?

October 11, 2013 at 10:30 pm

You are so not terrible at it! I have seen some VERY cute things happening in your house, so I don’t believe that.
      The plate was a vintage find, so I have no idea what it is or where it came from. It’s the only one I have with that pattern on it too!

October 12, 2013 at 9:06 pm

It’s funny – – before I blogged, I rolled my eyes at the idea of fall decor. And now, I, too am making wreaths and putting out little pumpkins. I guess if you see enough wreath and mini pumpkin pins on Pinterest, they start to become appealing! Lol. But I love the neutral colors in your decor pieces – – totally understated and classy. And in such good taste!

October 15, 2013 at 6:30 pm

It just happens so naturally, you don’t even feel it!!!

Understated and classy?!?! Woe! That’s a totally amazing compliment! Thank you!!!!

October 16, 2013 at 6:24 pm
  • Reply Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above

Very pretty. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesday’s Adorned From Above Link party.
    Debi and Charly at Adorned From Above

November 17, 2013 at 11:22 pm
  • Reply Meegan

Thanks for linking up to Tickled Pink Times Two! I really like your touch of Fall. Especially the book page wreath!! Love it,

November 20, 2013 at 9:21 am