Home is Where Your Husband Writes Your Blog Posts

275_563490234617_9537_n

You guys, how AWESOME is my husband?!?!?!  Did you read yesterday’s post?  He wrote it!  All by himself.  It started as a joke, when I said how tired I was (and I was…it was a veeeeeery tiring weekend), and he asked if I’d like him to write my blog post for me.  I laughed and said “I would LOVE that” and after asking me three times if I was serious, I told him the window was already open on my laptop and to just go nuts.

1044784_10100658473910527_326907507_nThat’s an old picture, but seriously not an unusual sight in this house.

He did a great job, didn’t he?  Even writing about the theme of the series and everything!

He makes a mean chili, that guy.  And who doesn’t love chili?

297_564207089031_7071_n

Seriously, though…he knows just when to pick up the pieces, just when to lend a hand, and just when to kiss my forehead and say “Go to sleep.  I know you’re tired.”  And I don’t just mean last night.

I had a completely different blog post planned, but Alex’s post sort of inspired me to delve a little deeper into a HUGELY important part of my home: him!

Ashley Urke of Domestic Fashionista is writing her 31 Day series on serving her husband, and I have to say I kind of love how often she has professed a love for her husband that goes so much deeper than just saying it.  She really makes servitude about putting your love first, not necessarily the person first, but both of you together as a unit.  It’s beautiful and a series TOTALLY worth reading.

1980_44070311949_1140_n

Alex puts me first, and I him.  We put our small family of two (ok, three if you count Luther) first in all decisions we make about our lives and our home.

332_565541000861_4617_n

He prays with and for me when I need it,

315_565863813941_1206_n

he makes me laugh when I need it,

1234901_10100728258346957_907605900_n

and he wipes the tears from my face.  He even writes my blog posts when I am simply too tired to open my laptop and let the words come out and my face looks like this:

321_581733380207_3323_n

It takes a special guy to love this face!

221683_10100582349569317_1196403915_n

This is home.

Where you can fall asleep while someone else picks up the pieces for you, even if it’s just for a little while.

531805_10100737534472527_2053533408_n

Focusing less on the stuff.  More on the chili love!

• Reply Cheryl

Love this, Thalita! You are one great couple xox

October 22, 2013 at 10:01 pm
  • Reply Tash @ The Dreamhouse Project

OMG! You guys are adorable! I love that you two are a team in every sense. It makes life that much better when you have a partner that supportive – and he did a great job on his post, btw! :)

October 22, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Tears are welling up in my eyes and I have goosebumps on my arms after reading this post. Way to go on this one, Thalita. You really got to the heart of home…and the beauty of marriage done right. It’s not always easy to let someone else pick up the pieces (I know we’ve talked about this before), but it’s oh so healthy and such an important part of any real relationship. Give and take. Sharing weight. Serving one another in times of need.

Alex totally rocked his post yesterday, and I was seriously so giddy with glee to read it. (I hope it’s not the only post he hijacks!)

Also, I love how silly you guys are together – – the photo with your feet in the air is too cute. And that last image of you two in front of the mountains – – simply beautiful. You both look so gosh darned happy. And so very much at home.

(Also, thanks for the tip on Domestic Fashionista’s series. Definitely going to check that out!)

Thanks for diverting from your planned schedule in order to share this. I have been blessed by it!

October 23, 2013 at 12:44 am

Thank you once again, Lauren! I had goosebumps and tears writing it! Even though we’re only 1 year into our marriage, learning the real give and take has been a real highlight. It just makes me look forward to what all the other years will hold.

I have a feeling Alex is going to have to become a regular! He was pretty popular!

Silly is what we do best, what can I say! haha

October 24, 2013 at 9:39 am
  • Reply casey @waffling

such a sweet post (and such a handsome man you have!!)

October 23, 2013 at 8:27 am

Why thank you, Casey!!! I did marry him for his looks ;)

October 24, 2013 at 9:41 am
  • Reply Emily

So sweet- awesome hubbies are the BEST!!

October 23, 2013 at 9:35 am

Totes! He’s such a keeper, this one!

October 24, 2013 at 9:41 am
  • Reply Anonymous

Such a FANTASTIC job Alex!!!! Please don’t let this be your last guest blog at the LO. You two are just so amazing! These last two posts just warmed my heart – especially since we got our first dose of SNOW

October 23, 2013 at 9:44 am

Oh Lish, you’re the best! It’s pretty unanimous that the world wants more of Alex on the LO. He’s already warned me that my 15 minutes are up and he’s taking over hahaha

And woe… SNOW?!??!?! Yikes!

October 24, 2013 at 9:42 am
  • Reply Amy | Love On Sunday Blog

I almost teared reading this post. You guys are awesome and make such a great team. You’re right, this is what a home is all about. It’s not about the ‘stuff’, it’s about the people living there. Thanks for the inspiration today!

October 23, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Aww thanks, Amy! It’s nice to be reminded of what matters sometimes, right? And Alex did a great job of reminding me without even meaning to.

October 24, 2013 at 9:44 am
  • Reply Emily @ Two Purple Couches

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :) So, so sweet :) I don’t even know if I could put my marriage into words to create a post! My hubby is my best friend; and wherever he is, or really, we are together, is home.

October 28, 2013 at 11:57 am

I know, it’s hard, right?!?!?! I could write a post every single day about it and still not say it all! And you’re right – wherever you’re together is totally home.

October 29, 2013 at 9:20 am