A Homey House at No Cost {Part 3}

Make your house a cozier home for free  The Learner ObserverGood afternoon!

I hope you’re all having a fantastic Saturday!

Can I have a moment of honesty, here?  This is day 19 of the 31 Day series, and I can’t wait for it to be over already!  THIS IS SO HARD!!!  It’s not lack of things to write about, it’s the actual sitting down every day and attempting to put out quality content that gets complicated.  If you’re anything like me, writing a blog post NEVER takes less than an hour.  Right?  I am alone there?  I sure hope not.

Anyway, venting over.

This week I’m focusing on re-purposing items in your home to make it a more cozy (and perhaps more efficient) space.

French-styled bench1 broken chair + 1 broken chair = 1 bench!  Loving this idea because you can use it either outside or in.  Catch the entire tutorial over at An Oregon Cottage.

DSC_1003Ok, so I know ladders are kind of huge in he decorating world these days, but there are some really amazing things you can do with them.  So again, if you have one (broken or not) laying around, Funky Junk Interiors can show you how to make it into something special.

506aff6874c5b64af70014f8._w.540_h.540_s.fit_This is SO up my alley.  Anyone else hoard magazines?  This project seems pretty simple and actually useful!  Found via Apartment Therapy.

IMG_20130219_152546Alright, this one isn’t useful,  but it is very cool!  Why not turn an old book into an origami sculpture?  Facing North with Gracia gives a tutorial and some more beautiful pictures to go along with it!

imagespoop-hoopsI had to throw this one in because when I saw it I couldn’t stop laughing.  So if you love basketball and you have a toilet seat you need to replace, don’t throw the old one away!  Thanks Bits and Pieces for the bathroom humour!

I hope you have found some of these ideas useful and/or beautiful!  Have a lovely Saturday!!

xo

• Reply Julia at Home on 129 Acres

If it’s any consolation, I’m really enjoying the series. I admire you for sticking with it and posting everyday. It definitely takes an extra level of dedication.

October 19, 2013 at 11:37 pm

That is MAJOR consolation!!!! Thank you, Julia!

October 20, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Yeah, I echo what Julia shared – – I’m LOVING this series, and I’m so inspired by your stick-with-it-ness. I’ve already decided that I’m going to give the 31 Days Challenge a go next year. (And it’s true, writing posts takes me FOREVER…even shorter ones like The Friday Five. Bloggers make it look so easy, but those of us who blog know that it is anything but. Thanks for all of the hard work that is happening behind the scenes to share these nuggets of wisdom and inspiration with us – – oh, and I definitely appreciated the chuckle there at the end with the toilet seat cover basketball hoop. Lol. That takes repurposing to a whole new level!

October 20, 2013 at 10:21 pm

YES! So excited you’re going to do it! October 2014 can’t come soon enough! Who am I kidding… it’ll be here before we know it! Sometimes I think thete’s something wrong with me because I take so long to put posts together! I mean, sometimes it DOES have a lot to do with the fact that I’m simultaneously watching Parks and Rec and I get caught up, and the next thing I know I’ve watched 15 solid minutes without looking at my computer screen even once! Yeah… that has something to do with it, I think! ;)

October 22, 2013 at 10:21 am
  • Reply Emily

HA- love the basketball one! Yeah, I don’t know if I could find something to write about for 31 days straight, so major kudos to you for that!! You’re over halfway- you can do it!!

October 21, 2013 at 8:54 am

Thanks Emily!!! It’s tricky. I plan ahead a LOT! But the nice thing is, you’re your own boss of the 31 day series and you can break the rules if you want to! 9 more days… can’t believe it!

October 22, 2013 at 10:22 am
  • Reply Leah

Haha, that basketball hoop is too funny! I love the ladder as towel rack though…

October 21, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Could you honestly play basketball with that thing? I couldn’t. Not without making bad puns and bad bathroom jokes…. which could be hilarious!

October 22, 2013 at 11:10 am