Master Bedroom Plans [#ORC]

So this morning I announced that I’ll be participating in the One Room Challenge this year and I showed you a bunch of inspiration images, right? Well today I thought you needed some before photos! This is the sad state of the master bedroom. Don’t worry, I usually have bed sheets on the bed…

IMG_7059

The dresser and headboard are already gone. They just weren’t working in there. Also notice the plywood floor? Yeah…classy!

Here’s another angle so you can really see the special situation we have here.

IMG_7060

Also, I decided to actually build my own inspiration image(s) for you…for me… for my sanity and so I can narrow down what I actually want? Yeah. That!

So I created a few of them, with slight variations because I still haven’t fully made up my mind. No one is surprised, I know. HELP!

Option 1: White walls, white dressers

One Room Challenge - Master Bedroom

Option 2: White walls, dark wood dressers

One Room Challenge - Master Bedroom

Option 3: Grey walls, white dressers

One Room Challenge - Master Bedroom

The rug is… well, it’s not my favourite anymore, but it’s what’s currently in the room, so it might stay depending on whether the budget allows for a new one. We’ll see.

The artwork above the bed is also up for debate. Do I go with a single piece of art? A ledge with multiple frames? No idea!

That white console also may or may not stay. I can’t decide if it’s awkward to have in the room.

I can’t decide anything!

Help me!!!

• Reply Anonymous

I love the grey wall with white dressers

October 1, 2014 at 5:13 pm

Alright first vote for grey walls!

October 1, 2014 at 5:30 pm
  • Reply Lindsey Brock

I also like the grey walls white dressers :)

October 1, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Thanks Linds!! Looks like grey wins!

October 3, 2014 at 11:23 am
  • Reply Steph

I’ll give another vote for grey walls! I liked the all white option too, but I think grey would be a bit cozier and you want your bedroom to be cozy :)

October 2, 2014 at 9:22 am

Thanks Steph!! Yeah I’m thinking the grey will cozy it up :)

October 3, 2014 at 11:09 am
  • Reply Raven Corwin, aka Meggie

Yup. Grey walls, white dressers for me, too. Single large art above the bed, but the picture rails on the wall opposite the bed. I like that console table. Maybe do something cool with it to make a vanity? A mosaic top (I love mosaics as much as I love terrariums hehe), or photos under glass on the top. Baskets for storage on the shelf of it. Distress it, maybe? I”d have some fun with that piece and make it usable. Maybe the picture rail above that? Or in front of the window with… I’m gonna say it… you know a *terrarium* would look great there! :) I love your bed choice. With the soft grey walls and wing-back headboard, you need a fireplace in there, though. Hmmm… a faux fireplace across from the bed with a pretty mantle to decor? Good luck and have fun, Thalita! Can’t wait to see the finished project :)

October 2, 2014 at 1:15 pm

You’re just full of good ideas!!! I love the terrarium idea! Also the faux fireplace, though our closet is directly across from the bed… We’ll see!

October 3, 2014 at 11:14 am
  • Reply designwithj9

I like all your options, but option 3 is my favorite. That bed looks just like my current one, so I am looking forward to seeing what you pair with it!

Janeane

October 2, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Thanks for the input!!! I love tufted headboards, so I’m excited to make this happen. Fingers crossed it all works out!!

October 15, 2014 at 9:44 pm
  • Reply katie

Im leaning toward the grey walls! I think it has the most oomph. Definitely eye catching!

October 2, 2014 at 9:05 pm

So many votes for grey walls. I love it! Thanks, Katie!

October 3, 2014 at 11:15 am
  • Reply Sabrina @ Pink Little Notebook

I’m loving option one! The rug is so neutral it will look good with any design you pick. Woohoo I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

October 2, 2014 at 9:07 pm

Thanks Sabrina!!! So excited to get started!

October 3, 2014 at 11:17 am
  • Reply Julia at Home on 129 Acres

Am I throwing a wrinkle in if I say white walls grey dresser? The dressers (or at least the one on the left) in image one are appearing grey to me, and I like the look.

October 2, 2014 at 10:57 pm

Honestly, in my mind that was always an option but I didn’t want to have too many up on the blog. It’s definitely an option!!!

October 3, 2014 at 11:20 am
  • Reply Tash @ The Dreamhouse Project

I actually was gonna say white walls, grey dressers, but it looks like Julia beat me to it above. I know it wasn’t one of your options but the dressers in option 1 actually look kind of grey & I think it works well to help ground some of the other grey accents in the room. Just my 2 cents…
    Can’t wait to see what you choose! I’ll be following along with all your ORC progress! :)

October 3, 2014 at 6:25 am

Yep. Definitely a great option!!! I’m totally considering grey dressers with brass pulls!

October 3, 2014 at 11:21 am
  • Reply Mariella Cruzado

Go excited to see your progress! I’ll go with the white walls and white dressers :)

October 4, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Thanks so much, Mariella! I love getting everyone’s feedback!!!

October 15, 2014 at 9:43 pm
  • Reply Melissa @ A Prudent Life

I’m way late to the voting, but I’m loving the grey walls too! Or white walls & grey dressers. Some combo of white, grey & gold sounds perfect!

October 7, 2014 at 9:21 pm

It’s never too late ;) It’s definitely a grey, white and gold combo, so you win!

October 15, 2014 at 9:42 pm
  • Reply Emily @ Two Purple Couches

Ahhh, I feel your confusion, girlfriend! I’m staring down blank walls and empty corners in our bedroom and I have no idea what I want to do! Scratch that, I have tons of ideas of what I *could* do, which is just as bad! Time to make some mood boards!!

October 21, 2014 at 5:20 pm

The ‘too many ideas’ problem is real! I haven’t reached a point of actually putting things on the wall yet, but everytime I see a new mirror or print, I want it!

October 25, 2014 at 7:17 am