Hutch Makeover (before and after) - The Learner Observer

Most Embarrassing Thing Ever. Oh, and Don’t You Love Paint?

I may not need stuff, but I do need paint.

Does that count as stuff?

I definitely won’t be buying any this month, but you can bet on the fact that I will be using lots of it for many, many upcoming projects in our house.  A little paint can go such a long way, and can end up costing you a lot LESS than purchasing big, pricey items – take painting my kitchen cupboards and the hutch, for example.  Brand new, those things would have cost us THOUSANDS more!

Hutch Makeover (before and after) - The Learner ObserverSo this weekend I had paint on the brain. And turkey.

Thanks to a busy weekend filled with not one, but TWO turkey dinners, I’m bringing you a SUPER embarrassing video I made for Para Paints in hopes of being one of their new Para Blog Crew members.

Anyone else hate seeing themselves on video?  My voice is weird, and I have crazy eyes.  The transitions are pretty terrible because the turkey coma I have been in made it hard for me to focus, alright?

Cross your fingers for me.

And your toes.

Because I may have embarrassed myself for nothing, and that would be terrible!  Well, not entirely, because you have officially gotten to see what it’s like to have me tell you a story… all over the place.

I hope you had an amazing long weekend, and long naps after those huge dinners!

• Reply Tash @ The Dreamhouse Project

SO adorable. You shouldn’t be embarrassed at all! You look super comfortable on camera. And you did a lovely job on the guest bath & hutch! xo

October 14, 2013 at 10:59 pm

haha Thanks Tash!! I didn’t FEEL comfortable!

October 15, 2013 at 12:14 pm
  • Reply Hanna Caldwell

Haha love it! Good luck!

October 14, 2013 at 11:29 pm

Thanks Hanna! I never want to watch it again! haha!

October 15, 2013 at 12:15 pm
  • Reply Lindsey Brock

I agree with Tash, you looked so at ease in front of the camera!! I loved the true Thalita attitude and facial expressions (My fav was the bird poop one! lol) They would be crazy not to pick you! <3 PS. You look beautiful! :)

October 15, 2013 at 3:20 pm

haha I almost cut the bid poop out, but there was no way to do that! Thanks Linds! Hoping I didn’t make the silly video for nothing :)

October 15, 2013 at 3:37 pm

YAY! This was incredible. I’ve seen snippets of you on video (ice skating, insta-video), but this was like going from having a piece of a candy to a piece of cake! So incredible! And you so deserve this gig – – let me know who to email to convince them. And wait a minute – – can I just pause to say that I’ve been pronouncing your name wrong in my head this entire time. It’s pronounced “Ta-lita, not Tha-lita.” Egads! So glad we figured this out before skyping so I didn’t embarrass myself completely as a really bad friend. Oh, and I loved hearing your Canadian accent slip out – – “about.” Tee hee. You’re the cutest!

October 15, 2013 at 6:11 pm

HAHA Yeah, now you know what a fast talker I am and that I have crazy eyes!!! You are too sweet. I have NO idea how they are picking… you can see some more of the fantastic videos on the Para Paints Facebook page and comment there. There are some REALLY amazing ones!

Oh and the whole world pronounces my name like that! It’s all thanks to being born in Brazil, where the ‘h’ is silent! All good – I would never ever hold it against you!!!

Can’t help that Canadian accent! haha

October 16, 2013 at 6:20 pm
  • Reply Gillian

You, ma’am, owe yourself at least 2 compliments for the 2 putdowns you gave yourself! You seemed very comfortable on camera and I enjoyed hearing you speak – something blogging doesn’t let you do very often. Best of luck to you!

October 17, 2013 at 8:25 pm

HAHA! Thanks Gillian!! I felt QUITE uncomfortable, so that is sweet of you :)

October 18, 2013 at 11:24 am