One Room Challenge 2014: Week 2

You guys. I am the worst. I did so stinkin little this week, that I’m not sure this whole One Room Challenge thing was a good idea. I mean it! Wanna know what I did?

Ok… so we moved the bed out of the room and into the (previously) empty guest room upstairs. We have also started to clear out the closet and other clothing from the room.

Here is what the room was like last week:

IMG_7059

And now this week:

IMG_0787

The art on the walls is also gone and I’ve been brainstorming a paint colour for the room, which is the next step we’ll be taking – actually painting!

Serious contenders are:

empire grey old sterling tint Snappy Dresser

They’re all pretty close in colour and the decision will be made for real as soon as I receive my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint so I can match them well. I’m painting the dressers either Paris Grey or French Linen. I didn’t pick the colours based on their French affiliations, I swear!

french_grey-500x500 parisgrey-500x500

[source]

That’s right, I heard you guys. Grey walls, grey dressers! The colours look a bit off ont he screen, so it might look to you like I’m going crazy with the greys. I promise it’ll all work out, and I’ll end up with some sort of version of my vision.

What was that again?

Oh yeah…

OB-Master Bedroom grey

Another potential change is the headboard. I think it’s going to be white since the base of my bed is already white and the bedding will be grey and white.

And that sums it up, folks. Told you I did very little. Because I’m the worst. Ugh.

Cross your fingers for next week please. Ok?

• Reply Tash @ The Dreamhouse Project

Don’t be so hard on yourself honey. Did you read our post?? We literally took ONE evening and went shopping – and don’t even have most of what we bought on site yet because it’s being delivered! Lol! At least your space looks like things are happening. Slow & steady wins the race. That’s what I say! :)

October 9, 2014 at 8:21 pm

You’re amazing. And hey, shopping is progress… so there! Also, please see the comment I left Lauren about slow and steady because I have a feeling you will appreciate it haha

October 15, 2014 at 9:41 pm

You are NOT the worst, my dear! Far from it. You can definitely cut yourself some slack because all creatives need time for ideas to percolate (at least, that’s what I’m telling myself with this whole eBook thang) and I just know this is going to turn out so beautifully. No need to rush! (Although I know it’s a challenge and all that.) But I’m with Tash – – slow and steady, slow and steady. Hugs!

October 10, 2014 at 2:07 am

I like the way you think, Lanker. Is it weird I just called you by your last name? It just felt right there…

Also, slow and steady makes me think of the Care Bears episode where Lots-A-Heart wins the race, so that phrase makes me smile :) (I know it’s a turtle vs hare original, but I mean come on… Care Bears!)

October 15, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Ha ha. Not weird at all! Many people call me that – – and it actually makes me think of my high school theatre director who called us all by our last names (though I had a different one back then). Glad you followed your gut!

Also, you earned major cool points for referencing a Care Bears episode. Takes me back!

Last thing: I told Mark I had a Google Hangout tonight (it’s actually with the gal who is doing graphics for the eBook) and he asked, “With Thalita?” and it made me WISH I was having a hangout with you. Maybe we can revive our email convo and plan one for sometime in the weeks ahead and catch up. I miss your FACE!

October 15, 2014 at 11:22 pm
  • Reply tara // sproutzdesign

LOVE all the gray….can’t wait to see how this comes together, the plan is great! xoxo

October 10, 2014 at 11:05 pm

Thanks, Tara!!! My instinct was to paint it all white, but I’m happy I chose to go for a little warmth instead :)

October 15, 2014 at 9:35 pm
  • Reply celine @aquahaus

Umm…at least you did something. I did nothing. I do love your plan. It’s gonna be lovely.

October 10, 2014 at 11:14 pm

Barely… but you know what? We all have those days. Or weeks. Or months. Just ask my stairwell, waiting to be stained for the last 6 months ;) And hey, reconnaissance isn’t nothing!!!
      Thanks so much, by the way!

October 15, 2014 at 9:34 pm
  • Reply Raven Corwin, aka Meggie

It’s a big task, especially when “real life” butts into the fun. I like the white headboard. Your concept collection looked great, but now that you say it, I agree the white would look even better. You really need an Eiffel Tower trinket for that room with all that “French” paint. hehe And a terrarium! Maybe a terrarium IN an Eiffel Tower! You’ll do great, Thalita. Relax and enjoy the process. ::hugs::

October 11, 2014 at 12:03 am

Meggie, you have the best comments and ideas! I love it!!!! Also, giant hug right back at you!

October 15, 2014 at 9:32 pm
  • Reply Julia at Home on 129 Acres

You can do it, Thalita. This was only week one.

October 11, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Thanks, Julia! We made some more progress, so I feel slightly better about it haha

October 15, 2014 at 9:31 pm
  • Reply Vanessa@Decor Happy

Yes, don’t be so hard on yourself. It will come together! Love your inspiration board. Not sure if you have chosen your wall colour yet but if not, take a look at Para P5222-24 which is on the page after Snappy Dresser. I have recommended it to clients a number of times – it’s the perfect warm grey. Just my 2 cents!

October 11, 2014 at 11:38 pm

Thanks, Vanessa! Funny you should mention that paint colour. I ended up going back and finding that exact colour totally by accident and that’s what we used on the walls this weekend! I love love love it!

October 15, 2014 at 9:30 pm