Advertisements

The One Room Challenge continues, and let me tell you something… WE HAVE PROGRESS!!!!

I mean, serious progress, people! Have you been keeping up with my Instagram updates? Because that’s where all the good stuff is. For realsies.

IMG_0885

That’s not the progress… but this is how the room started. Ugly dresser to be made over all alone, yellow walls, plywood floors! I taped some paint chips to the wall and finally made a decision.

IMG_0883

We ended up choosing Para Paints Network Access [P5222-24]. The dresser will be getting some Paris Grey, so i think they’ll work really well together.

Advertisements

Also happening in the room this week, the closet doors have been removed, and the carpet from inside the closet is also gone!

IMG_0886

SOOOO exciting! My dearest husband also moved the shelf and rod up inside the closet so we get a bit more space down below to add some drawers.

IMG_0903

Then the real fun began… we painted!

You guys… the yellow walls are GONE!!!

Advertisements

IMG_0910

Oh, and you’ll notice that’s not plywood we’re stepping on any longer. The laminate floors are also being installed. Happiness times a million!

IMG_0914

It feels like we’re making some progress, though there is still a TON to be done in here. The iPhone pictures don’t do the grey walls OR the gorgeous floors any justice. My apologies for that. Note to self: use a proper camera this week!

IMG_0913

Up next will be the headboard and the dressers, hopefully. I’m going to try to finish at least one of those this week along with the floors. Fingers crossed!

Did you miss any of the One Room Challenge updates? Not to worry – you can see them all right here

Don’t forget to follow along on Instagram for on the go updates and a million pictures of my dog!

See you all next week!!!

Advertisements

ange

October 16, 2014

Isn’t the power of paint amazing? Every time I paint it always makes me giddy with joy how it can completely change the look of a room. Did you get the laminate from Home Depot? It looks similar to the flooring we installed in our master bedroom and I love it! Way to make progress this week. Looking forward to seeing what you get to done this week!

October 16, 2014

Honestly. I love paint. So much!!! I actually got this laminate at Costco! It was a great deal and we have it in the basement – quality is also fantastic! Thanks so much for the encouragement!

Tash @ The Dreamhouse Project

October 16, 2014

Yaaay for progress!! PARA Network Access is a great choice! And I love the colour of your floors. So warm & nice. It’s all gonna look so so good when it’s complete!

October 16, 2014

Finally!! I love the colour. It’s just right :) thanks for the love, Tash!!! So excited to see your entryway today! :)

Vanessa Bruce

October 16, 2014

Eeeek! It’s going to look so good! Can’t wait to see that dresser painted!

October 16, 2014

Thanks, Vanessa!!! I can’t wait for the paint to arrive so I can get those primary colours out of here haha

Emily @ Two Purple Couches

October 16, 2014

Whoooo!!!! Hooray for progress! It’s already looking amazing! Love the floors with the wall color you chose!

October 16, 2014

Thanks, Em!! Such a nice change from forest green carpet!

christinedovey

October 16, 2014

New paint makes all the difference, as does that gorgeous floor! Can’t wait to see more!

October 16, 2014

Thanks so much, Christine!! The paint is my favourite part!

Carrie

October 16, 2014

Wow, that’s some big progress! Way to go! I can’t wait to see what’s next. :)

Thanks Carrie!!! :)

mrs. V | Chez V

October 16, 2014

Crazy how much of a difference paint makes. Great color and great progress!

October 17, 2014

Thanks so much!!! Honestly, sometimes I think I forget how amazing paint is!!

Helen

October 17, 2014

Am I the only silly goose who loves yellow painted walls???? Grey leaves me, well gray. It’s too cold for me. Otherwise, congratulations on your progress, Thalita!

October 17, 2014

Haha you definitely aren’t, Helen. Truthfully, I wouldn’t mind the yellow if this room got sunlight. But it doesn’t. Also, I have painted two bedrooms yellow in the past, so don’t worry – I have love for yellow too. :)

Sabrina S

October 17, 2014

Love the progress so far! Doesn’t paint and new flooring make all the difference already! Excited for next week’s post :)

October 17, 2014

Thanks Sabrina! I can’t even tell you how happy I am that the yellow is gone!

theblueeyeddove

October 18, 2014

Talk about some great progress this week! Can’t wait to see the next round of updates. Good luck :)

October 19, 2014

Thanks so much!!! :)

The Pink Pagoda

October 19, 2014

Huge props to you for doing your own floors! Looking great so far and I can’t wait to see it all come together! Good luck :)

October 19, 2014

Thank you!!! All credit goes to my husband!