Advertisements

It’s that time again! It’s unfortunate, but not much was done in the nursery this week. We got baseboards put in, but that’s literally it! If you want to see where we started, check out weeks 1 and 2!

I did, however, start planning some more decor items for the room, like artwork and a mobile. I considered buying one, but on a recent trip to Chapters, I saw some Christmas ornaments that looked very similar to some I bought in January on clearance. Wheels started turning and I think I actually have most of what I need to make the mobile myself! Love it when that happens!

Nursery mobile materials

With this, came an idea for a more concrete ‘theme’ for the nursery as well. Up until now, it was just all about neutrals, but after shopping the house a little more, I’m finding that there are some pieces that might fit really well in here!

I love the texture of the blanket and the colours on the antlers – plus, they’ll compliment the mobile well. Since the boys will be born in the Winter, the red plaid blanket will also bring in a cozy feel and a fun pop of colour.

Advertisements

We also finally have some artwork! I recently had a baby shower and got some beautiful art from some lovely friends, then I shopped the house some more (yeah apparently I’m a hoarder) and found some frames that would be great in this room!

nursery art

I don’t know if these will all be used yet, and I don’t know if they’ll turn into a gallery wall. Right now it seems unlikely that I’ll have a whole wall of artwork in this room. I might just mix some of these on the bookshelf, around the changing table, or above the crib. We’ll see!

So that’s really it in terms of updates. We have been getting some work done in the bathroom and all tile has been removed (woo hoo!), and I also finished our entryway makeover, so we’ve definitely been busy around here! It’s been interesting taking on more than one room in the middle of the One Room Challenge!

Here’s the list, one more time, so you can see how behind I am. Ha!!

Advertisements

WEEK 1:

• remove carpet and trim
  • prep walls for painting
  • decide on a paint colour
  • remove closet doors

WEEK 2:

• install laminate flooring
  • empty closet
  • remove closet door frame and carpet
  • paint walls
  • install baseboards

WEEK 3:

• figure out closet organization
  • decide on artwork for walls and/or accent wall (wallpaper or DIY)
  • window treatments
  • cut & paint door
  • final decision on pillows and linens

WEEK 4:

• finish installing door
  • put the crib together
  • frame artwork
  • mobile (buy or DIY?)
  • decide on final plan for furniture placement

WEEK 5:

• move all furniture in
  • finish arranging all artwork
  • install book ledges
  • complete all finishing touches – the fun part!

WEEK 6:

• NOTHING! We’re done. Now it’s time for the reveal!

Don’t forget to check out the amazing work of the 20 design bloggers taking part in the challenge and check out what all other guest participants like myself have been up to!

Fingers crossed next week I have more to show for this nursery!

Advertisements

Hollie Cooper

October 22, 2015

I love the mounted antlers & I like where this nursery is headed!

October 22, 2015

Thanks. Hollie! So glad I decided to look around the house for a few things :)

christinedovey

October 22, 2015

I love the scheme you have going- so warm and antique woodsy like. I can’t wait to see your DIY mobile- it already looks so good!

October 22, 2015

Thanks, Christine!! Really hoping the mobile plans work :)

Annet M

October 22, 2015

Technically, as a fellow list-crosser-offer, you could cross out the (DIY or Buy?) behind the mobile question. Cause you’ve answered that part! :) I am not a huge fan of the mounted antlers phase, but I love the plaid and it certainly pops with colour!

October 22, 2015

Haha I actually thought about that, Annet! But I left it since the mobile isn’t finished yet and who knows if this DIY will work!

Sabrina @ Pink Little Notebook

October 22, 2015

I love the plaid and antlers. Great direction for this space! I’m excited to see your mobile!

October 22, 2015

Thanks, Sabrina! I totally didn’t expect it to go this way, but I think it’ll be a fun space for the boys :)

Kourtney

October 22, 2015

I love where you’re going with this room! The art and frames are perfect! I’ve been at Chapters a lot lately too – Christmas decor is perfect for that rustic glam cabin approach!

October 22, 2015

Thanks so much, Kourtney!! I think the Christmas decor everywhere definitely inspired me. And I love how cozy it all is!!

Biggerthanthe3ofus (@ashleylmayes)

October 22, 2015

Those antlers!! Love them.

October 22, 2015

Thank you!!! My husband thinks they’ll scare the boys. Hahaha!

Grace @ The Big Reveal

October 22, 2015

What cute prints and I love the antlers! Can’t wait to see how this turns out.

October 22, 2015

Thanks so much, Grace!!! Fingers crossed it all comes together in time!

Teresa

October 22, 2015

I’m loving the antler addition! While not a hunter, I somehow love antlers as décor. I can’t wait to see this room all put together:)

October 22, 2015

I’m totally not a hunter myself (and these are fake anyway haha), but I also like them as decor, and not just because it happens to be on trend. Thanks so much for your kind words!!!

Kyla @ House Of Hipsters

October 22, 2015

Hurry up and finish this one because I can’t wait to see how it turns out!!!

October 22, 2015

Hahaha oh my gosh you and me both. I feel like everything is still up in the air with this room! AAAAH!!!

Raven Corwin, aka Meggie

October 22, 2015

Love, love, love it! What a cute theme, and who doesn’t want their kids to appreciate nature?! You can switch the artwork out if you find you have too much to put up all at once. It’s good for things to change now and again in a nursery. Keeps their little minds active and curious.

October 22, 2015

Always with the great suggestions :) thanks, Meggie!

Lesley Metcalfe (@lesleymetcalfe_)

October 23, 2015

I love the theme that’s coming together here! Those antlers!!! Yay for Chapters for having what you needed :)

jessica

October 24, 2015

Everything you have is great! I cannot wait to see it come together…Love the plan for a baby’s room.

October 24, 2015

Thanks so much, Jessica!!

irisnacoleatwh

October 24, 2015

I’m sold on the decor of the room! So cute and cozy!

Raven Corwin, aka Meggie

October 28, 2015

Och! Thalita, look!!!! I was just at Target and found cute wall hooks that fit your nursery theme. I pinned them here for you to see: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/412783122075801443/

It’s so fun to decorate for children!

October 28, 2015