bedroom door

One Room Challenge™ Spring 2015, Week 3

A late and very very quick update on this week’s One Room Challenge, because it’s been a busy busy week and in all honesty, I didn’t get a whole lot done. I guess the momentum of week 1 when I finished the floors will have to be picked up again for week 4!

So what happened this week? Well we finished updating all of our doors, not just the office door and painted them!

painting door

All of the door stops have been moved as well, so all doors are fully functioning… minus actually having a handle because they all need one more coat of paint. Ugh.

bedroom door

The result is blowing my mind, though. I seriously love it so much!

It’s not nearly as impressive in the office, where the walls are still yellow…… And the paint is still wet, so every single imperfection shows.. Yikes!!

painted office door

So the plans for this week? Paint those freaking walls!

Possibly put some baseboard down.

Paint my desk.

Stop focusing on other projects around the house, like changing every single light bulb from soft white to bright white (because the yellow lights bother me SO much!) and painting then installing a new kitchen pendant, which frankly didn’t take THAT much time and I happen to think looks pretty awesome…

IMG_5162

Back to the office, though, I did also get started on putting artwork together, but I’ll have to show you all of that later. Sorry!

Please wish me luck and send me positive DIY vibes. I’m going to need it!

Don’t forget to go see what the ORC participants are up to and see all other linking participants too. If you missed my previous ORC updates, you can click here for week 1 and here for week 2!

• Reply Casey @waffling

As someone who also changed all their light bulbs from yellow to white, I understand ;). It is looking good so far!! Love the light too

April 16, 2015 at 9:09 pm

So glad I’m not the only one. I tried to go for the daylight bulbs, but Alex wasn’t having it. He said it made him feel like he was in an interrogation room! Haha

April 16, 2015 at 9:25 pm
  • Reply Sabrina (@pinklilnotebook)

I love the fact that I’m not the only one who goes crazy over light bulbs. I changed mine too. For about a month I was searching for a white colour temperature (not too yellow, not too blue) as I felt like the bulb were changing the colours of my wall at night. LOL
    You’re in good shape hun! There’s still plenty of time left for painting :) Love the doors!

April 17, 2015 at 9:40 am

Oh man, it was driving me nuts!

Nothing lights a fire under my butt quite like Thursday mornings haha

April 23, 2015 at 6:17 am
  • Reply Valerie

I am the world’s worst at being crazy obsessed with a project and then not working on it for a while and then picking it back up again. I blame procrastination and other distractions ha! I really do like your doors, and I think they’re really going to pop with all of the other new colors. Can’t wait to see Week 4!

April 21, 2015 at 10:30 am

I’m SO glad it’s not just me, Valerie!!! My stairs have been waiting to be finished for well over a year. It’s my worst procrastination failure to date… brutal! Thanks so much for your lovely comment!!! :)

April 23, 2015 at 6:27 am
  • Reply Kassandra DeKoning

Ah! The black doors look amazing!! I have always admired a bold door :) And your new pendent light looks awesome!! I have the same issue in my kitchen where the light does not quite center above the table (or island in my case) but it looks so awesome, I am going to totally copy this!

Kass

April 22, 2015 at 2:18 pm

At the risk of being really crass, once you go black…. It’s true, Kass. It’s true. I’m obsessed with these doors and couldn’t imagine them in white anymore, but it also helps that they have some depth now as well – the flat doors were killing me!

The light in the kitchen has made all the difference. Now I just need to get rid of the boob light on the other side, and we’re good.

April 23, 2015 at 6:15 am
      • Reply Kassandra DeKoning

ahhhh those boob lights, I have so many of them #handsoverface!!

April 23, 2015 at 9:51 am
  • Reply Erin @ the-organized-life

The doors are looking great!

April 22, 2015 at 7:28 pm

Thanks, Erin!! They are (so far) my favourite part of the room!

April 23, 2015 at 6:12 am