One Room Challenge™ Spring 2015, Week 4

Ohhhhhhhh boy. You guys, it’s week 4. I’m freaking out a little.

Is anyone else freaking out?

Just me?

Great.

I think this happened last time, too with the master bedroom makeover, but right now I can’t even think that far back. All I can think about is the mess in front of me, and the goals I’ve set for this room.

Ok, enough of my ranting. Let’s see what actually DID happen this week…

painted walls

GOODBYE FOREVER YELLOW WALLS!!!!

Sorry, I really needed to get that out.

Yes, it’s true… I painted the office!!!! I can hardly believe it. I am so ridiculously happy with this colour, too. I toyed with SO many shades of white, and then shades of light pink, and settled on Strawberry Meringue by Benjamin Moore (Origins line, available at Canadian Tire – and no, no one paid me to mention that). I got this paint for two reasons: 1: I really like to try different paints myself so I can get a true feel for quality and value, and 2: I had a Canadian Tire gift card to spend. It was a no brainer!

baseboards

Baseboards also happened, which I didn’t expect, but it’s such a quick and easy job and I’m glad to have it out of the way. We use 1×5″ pre-primed MDF boards because they are WAY cheaper and really, they do the same thing as regular baseboards. I don’t like the fancy schmancy stuff, so this is just perfect!

painted walls 2

The walls may just look like they’re white to you (they do to Alex), but I know that there’s a rosy blush undertone in there and I see its warmth – and I love it, love i,t love it, love it!

Now I just have to get all of this…

crying

…into the office and we’re done.

Insert wide-eyed emoticon here, followed by crying emoticon, followed by laughing & crying emoticon because really, this is just hilarious.

xqzjqPGWYK0y_uRduzccNVWZL@2x

At this point, week 6 feels like either a really distant dream, or a very scary nightmare. I can’t decide. But I’ll keep on keeping on, because I want this darn room finished, ya’ll! You can check what happened previously here:

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3

If you want to see real progress, go see what the ORC participants are up to and the other linking participants, too!

See you next week… hopefully with some furniture out of the spare room, and into the office. Cross your fingers (I really wish there was an emoticon for that!).

• Reply Sonya~at home with the barkers

Paint…it always makes me happy too!! Great color!

April 23, 2015 at 6:10 am

Always a game changer. I love it!

April 23, 2015 at 6:18 am
  • Reply Laurie @ Vin'yet Etc.

You can do it!!! RaRaSisBoomBa!

April 23, 2015 at 7:39 am

Hahahahahahahaha Laurie, you are awesome.

April 23, 2015 at 7:43 am
  • Reply Kristi

Awwww, I’m right there with ya girl! Another unproductive week around here makes for a busy 2 weeks ahead! LOVE the paint! That blush is beautiful. I was surprised the last time I wandered into Canadian Tire to look at paint – they have a great selection and I actually found the perfect colour for our office! Can’t wait to see how this all comes together Thalita!

April 23, 2015 at 7:55 am

AAAAAh here’s hoping you had a good week! I can’t wait to see your progress! One week left? Whaaaaaat?!?!

April 30, 2015 at 6:33 am
  • Reply Sabrina (@pinklilnotebook)

The new paint colour makes all the difference! And great idea with the baseboards…it looks sooo good :)

April 23, 2015 at 8:02 am

Thanks, Sabrina! I was not sad to say goodbye to the yellow walls and the dingy baseboards, that’s for sure!

April 30, 2015 at 6:32 am
  • Reply Tash @ The Dreamhouse Project

I’m right there with you babe! Major freak out happening over here as well. I’m beginning to feel like I’ve set us up to fail..again. I have no doubt though that you’ll be able to pull it all together. You’re so close!
    Also – love the paint choice and your baseboards. We opted for the clean look of those baseboards throughout our house as well.

April 23, 2015 at 8:45 am

You will not fail!!!I just know it. You guys are working so hard. It’ll all come together beautifully. Oh and these baseboards are my fave. So easy to clean!

April 30, 2015 at 6:31 am
  • Reply Johanna

Sending lots of encouraging energy your way – I know you’re going to pull this together beautifully! :)

April 23, 2015 at 11:35 am

You’re awesome! Thanks for the energy – I totally felt it!

April 30, 2015 at 6:16 am
  • Reply Carrie

Love the paint color and baseboards! I bet after getting all of that done, the rest will be easy-peasy! Fingers crossed for you that’s the case! Have a great week! :)

April 23, 2015 at 1:25 pm

Thanks, Carrie!! I’m obsessed with the wall colour and still can’t believe how perfectly it works in here. Crossing my fingers, too!! :)

April 30, 2015 at 6:16 am
  • Reply Erin @ the-organized-life

I’m right there with you on the stressing out a little… A LOT! All of the sudden I feel like there’s a million things to do. The paint looks fabulous and I’m sure all your treasures will fit beautifully in the prepared space.

April 23, 2015 at 5:51 pm

Right? It’s crazy. Time goes by so fast when you give yourself a limit!

April 30, 2015 at 6:15 am
  • Reply Julia at Home on 129 Acres

I feel like the paint, baseboards, door are all major accomplishments. You’ve done a lot and you’ll get the rest of it done. Don’t worry!

April 23, 2015 at 7:56 pm

Thanks, Julia!! Now that the big things are done, I can rest a little easier :)

April 30, 2015 at 6:14 am
  • Reply Vel

Your not the only one dear, my carpet will be installed on the 28th and that means I have about a week to put everything into the room! aaaahhhh! We can do it, we’ll cheer on each other!

April 24, 2015 at 3:26 pm

Oh my goodness, Vel. It’s crazy how time flies! Fingers crossed it all works out for you!!!

April 30, 2015 at 6:13 am
  • Reply Raven Corwin, aka Meggie

I can see the rosy blush! I think men try to block pink, in any shade, out. hehe I love the crispness of the “white” with the softness of the pink tone. Great choice, Thalita. You’re doing great, you always do great, and you can do this!!! **~@~**positivity**~@~**

May 8, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Yeeeeees!!!! You see it! haha Thanks so much, Meggie! And an extra thanks for the positive vibes!!! xo

May 10, 2015 at 8:21 pm