Advertisements

Ohhhhhhhh boy. You guys, it’s week 4. I’m freaking out a little.

Is anyone else freaking out?

Just me?

Great.

Advertisements

I think this happened last time, too with the master bedroom makeover, but right now I can’t even think that far back. All I can think about is the mess in front of me, and the goals I’ve set for this room.

Ok, enough of my ranting. Let’s see what actually DID happen this week…

painted walls

GOODBYE FOREVER YELLOW WALLS!!!!

Sorry, I really needed to get that out.

Advertisements

Yes, it’s true… I painted the office!!!! I can hardly believe it. I am so ridiculously happy with this colour, too. I toyed with SO many shades of white, and then shades of light pink, and settled on Strawberry Meringue by Benjamin Moore (Origins line, available at Canadian Tire – and no, no one paid me to mention that). I got this paint for two reasons: 1: I really like to try different paints myself so I can get a true feel for quality and value, and 2: I had a Canadian Tire gift card to spend. It was a no brainer!

baseboards

Baseboards also happened, which I didn’t expect, but it’s such a quick and easy job and I’m glad to have it out of the way. We use 1×5″ pre-primed MDF boards because they are WAY cheaper and really, they do the same thing as regular baseboards. I don’t like the fancy schmancy stuff, so this is just perfect!

painted walls 2

The walls may just look like they’re white to you (they do to Alex), but I know that there’s a rosy blush undertone in there and I see its warmth – and I love it, love i,t love it, love it!

Now I just have to get all of this…

crying

…into the office and we’re done.

Insert wide-eyed emoticon here, followed by crying emoticon, followed by laughing & crying emoticon because really, this is just hilarious.

xqzjqPGWYK0y_uRduzccNVWZL@2x

At this point, week 6 feels like either a really distant dream, or a very scary nightmare. I can’t decide. But I’ll keep on keeping on, because I want this darn room finished, ya’ll! You can check what happened previously here:

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3

If you want to see real progress, go see what the ORC participants are up to and the other linking participants, too!

See you next week… hopefully with some furniture out of the spare room, and into the office. Cross your fingers (I really wish there was an emoticon for that!).

Advertisements

Sonya~at home with the barkers

April 23, 2015

Paint…it always makes me happy too!! Great color!

April 23, 2015

Always a game changer. I love it!

Laurie @ Vin'yet Etc.

April 23, 2015

You can do it!!! RaRaSisBoomBa!

April 23, 2015

Hahahahahahahaha Laurie, you are awesome.

Kristi

April 23, 2015

Awwww, I’m right there with ya girl! Another unproductive week around here makes for a busy 2 weeks ahead! LOVE the paint! That blush is beautiful. I was surprised the last time I wandered into Canadian Tire to look at paint – they have a great selection and I actually found the perfect colour for our office! Can’t wait to see how this all comes together Thalita!

April 30, 2015

AAAAAh here’s hoping you had a good week! I can’t wait to see your progress! One week left? Whaaaaaat?!?!

Sabrina (@pinklilnotebook)

April 23, 2015

The new paint colour makes all the difference! And great idea with the baseboards…it looks sooo good :)

April 30, 2015

Thanks, Sabrina! I was not sad to say goodbye to the yellow walls and the dingy baseboards, that’s for sure!

Tash @ The Dreamhouse Project

April 23, 2015

I’m right there with you babe! Major freak out happening over here as well. I’m beginning to feel like I’ve set us up to fail..again. I have no doubt though that you’ll be able to pull it all together. You’re so close!
    Also – love the paint choice and your baseboards. We opted for the clean look of those baseboards throughout our house as well.

April 30, 2015

You will not fail!!!I just know it. You guys are working so hard. It’ll all come together beautifully. Oh and these baseboards are my fave. So easy to clean!

Johanna

April 23, 2015

Sending lots of encouraging energy your way – I know you’re going to pull this together beautifully! :)

April 30, 2015

You’re awesome! Thanks for the energy – I totally felt it!

Carrie

April 23, 2015

Love the paint color and baseboards! I bet after getting all of that done, the rest will be easy-peasy! Fingers crossed for you that’s the case! Have a great week! :)

April 30, 2015

Thanks, Carrie!! I’m obsessed with the wall colour and still can’t believe how perfectly it works in here. Crossing my fingers, too!! :)

Erin @ the-organized-life

April 23, 2015

I’m right there with you on the stressing out a little… A LOT! All of the sudden I feel like there’s a million things to do. The paint looks fabulous and I’m sure all your treasures will fit beautifully in the prepared space.

April 30, 2015

Right? It’s crazy. Time goes by so fast when you give yourself a limit!

Julia at Home on 129 Acres

April 23, 2015

I feel like the paint, baseboards, door are all major accomplishments. You’ve done a lot and you’ll get the rest of it done. Don’t worry!

April 30, 2015

Thanks, Julia!! Now that the big things are done, I can rest a little easier :)

Vel

April 24, 2015

Your not the only one dear, my carpet will be installed on the 28th and that means I have about a week to put everything into the room! aaaahhhh! We can do it, we’ll cheer on each other!

April 30, 2015

Oh my goodness, Vel. It’s crazy how time flies! Fingers crossed it all works out for you!!!

Raven Corwin, aka Meggie

May 8, 2015

I can see the rosy blush! I think men try to block pink, in any shade, out. hehe I love the crispness of the “white” with the softness of the pink tone. Great choice, Thalita. You’re doing great, you always do great, and you can do this!!! **~@~**positivity**~@~**

May 10, 2015

Yeeeeees!!!! You see it! haha Thanks so much, Meggie! And an extra thanks for the positive vibes!!! xo