The Friday Five - 2

The Friday Five: Picture This

The Friday 5: First Edition

So, I admittedly had a hard time cutting down on the number of words I used on last week’s edition of The Friday Five, and my logical next step was to try it with less words AND no pictures (except for the one up there).  Oh boy… what’s up with all this experimenting with The Friday Five anyway?  Must be my general lack of posting on basically ANYTHING else.  Alright, let’s do this thing.

Here are this week’s picks:

Five (yes, total coincidence) awesome ideas for what to do with some plain white pillow cases.

Craving some DIY abstract art like this in our house right now – and that frame!

Obsessing over anything with a pegboard, and this has the hamster wheels in my head SPINNING!! (via)

This mail tube pencil case would be the envy of all the 5th grade girls.  (It’s all I ever wanted!)

Let them eat cake – served on THIS cake stand…

And that makes five.  What did you think?  Is this better or worse than having the pictures?  Does this make you more curious to check out the links because I’m not showing you all the goods?  Do tell, people… I wanna hear what you think.  ALWAYS.

Now don’t forget about our best girl, Lauren who happens to be celebrating her first blogiversary TODAY!  Go on and see her for a fantastic video and giveaway for SIX!!

Hugs!

• Reply Johanna

I WANT PHOTOS! On a more serious, less shout-y note, I do think photos are important because most people are very visual.. and to be honest, the only thing I wanted to click on just now was the pencil case, because 5th grade was HARD. So yes, the consensus here is: PLEASE MAY WE HAZ THE PHOTOS?!

September 6, 2013 at 9:20 am

hahahahahaha Johanna that was the best response ever!!! I have to say that I personally enjoy the photos too… It felt weird doing this, so maybe make it a first and last! Thanks for the input… photos will be back next week!!!

Oh and you’re so right about 5th grade. What was up with that!??!!

September 6, 2013 at 11:28 am

Oh my gosh…Johanna’s response was so wonderful…I can totally hear her voice through the screen! Yay! Also, it always makes me happy when I can eavesdrop on a conversation between two of my fave people. Ha ha. And I’m torn…while I do love me some pics, I also think that it can be fun to change it up and entice us to click through. Maybe you can compare your click-through rate and see how successful it was? I think I clicked through on all! And pinned that awesome pencil case.

September 7, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Oh yeah she’s pretty amazing! :) The pencil case really is such a good idea! And unique! It seems that I need to go back to pictures – I have even had some verbal commentary on it! haha

September 9, 2013 at 8:52 am
  • Reply Gillian

Bring back the pics!

September 8, 2013 at 7:31 pm

haha ok, ok… you win! Pictures will be back this week :)

September 9, 2013 at 8:57 am
  • Reply Annet M

yup need photos! I wouldn’t have clicked on the cake stand had I seen what it turned out like – I am SOOO not into glitter… :)

September 13, 2013 at 10:21 pm

hahahaha Amazing! This one made me laugh! But I hear ya… pictures ARE better. And don’t worry, they’re back permanently! :)

September 16, 2013 at 9:33 am