The Friday Five: Saying Less

The Friday 5: First Edition

I read a lot of blogs.  I’m up to about 150, actually, so….. I think that’s considered a problem?!?  This might be why I am feeling like I need to quiet down a bit – some of my favourite bloggers take opportunities to say less and show more every now and then, and maybe that’s the point of The Friday Five.  Instead of giving you my detailed every thought and opinion on each image, I’m going to stick to as few words as possible.  I would limit myself to 5 words like Lauren has been doing, but I have tried and already failed miserably.  Ugh.  This is hard.  Here we go.

Here are this week’s picks:

image-760236IKEA hackers shows us that old frames + IKEA spice racks = some darn cool shelving!

Project_Budget_Printable_12Planning a home project just got simpler and cuter.  Free printable c/o IHeart Organizing.

herriott5Small spaces can be functional and beautiful.  Design Sponge featured an amazing Sneak Peek of this 390 square foot home this week.

Church for saleSpeaking of beautiful small spaces… 1884 church turned 1 bedroom (plus 1 separate bunky), impeccably decorated home.  AND IT’S FOR SALE.  LOCALLY. AAAAAAAAAAH!

voiceIt’s one of my worst nightmares – hearing myself speak.  A Cup of Jo gives us some good conversation starters in case you run out.

Ok so I’m at like 20 words per image, but I tried!  Maybe a more realistic goal should have been 5 sentences for each pick. Ha!

Time for 5 more cool things to see over at The Thinking Closet!

OutroImage-T

Have a fun, restful, BBQ-eating, ice-cream-dripping, lounging-on-the-grass kind of long weekend!

• Reply twopurplecouches

I am DYING over the old-church-turned-cozy-home! There was a church-turned-home for sale around our area when we were house-hunting. I couldn’t convince my husband to look at old homes, much less old churches turned into homes. Sadface.

August 30, 2013 at 11:59 am

I know, right?!?!?! It’s perfection. I’m still dreaming of an old home… someday… when I have time (and money?) to pour into it!

September 5, 2013 at 9:34 am
  • Reply The Friday Five: Picture This

[…] had a hard time cutting down on the number of words I used on last week’s edition of The Friday Five, and my logical next step was to try it with less words AND no pictures (except for the one up […]

September 6, 2013 at 8:49 am

Thought I had already responded to this…but clearly, it was in my imagination! I’m with Emily – – that church-turned-home is so romantical. Reminds me of my favorite restaurant in NYC which is John’s Pizzeria. It originally was a church…and they still have the stained glass windows to prove it. That restaurant is a lot less intimate tho than the house. Buy it, buy it, buy it! Though, I’m not sure where you’d put all your craft and DIY supplies!

September 7, 2013 at 8:51 pm

HAHA I know, right?!? If it wasn’t for the fact that it’d be basically impossible to have a craft room (or a family!??) in there, I’d so go for it!

September 9, 2013 at 8:51 am
  • Reply Marmie/Lauren's mom

My favorite was the precious 390 square foot home! I could see myself there! Thanks for posting these Friday Fives!

September 17, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Amazing how such a small space can be so homey, right? And I hear people say it’s impossible to live in anything under 2000 sq. feet!! P.S. I LOVE that you put “/Lauren’s mom”.

September 18, 2013 at 11:09 am
      • Reply Marmie/Lauren's mom

We actually live in about 350 square feet on weekends and for a ten-day stretch in the summer so it’s do-able…but we have a back patio (another 75 square feet) and little front porch (50 square feet) plus the ocean is only three blocks away and that’s LOTS of space….but I am charmed by how this young woman decorated her space. Will have to incorporate some of those ideas into our little summer place.

In response to your comment about how I sign my name…I’m also Lisbeth’s mom, but I sign “Lauren’s mom” to some of my comments on Lauren’s blog and “Lisbeth’s mom” to some comments on her blog!
        But I’m Marmie or Mama, too! (Marmie is from Louisa Mae Alcott’s Little Women books and Lisbeth played the role of Marmie in the play at her college).
        Cheers!