Sooooo we’re doing this thing again. Because I just can’t say no to a One Room Challenge – I mean, I’ve been doing these since 2014!!!! Can you believe? Take a look:
- FALL 2014: MASTER BEDROOM (crazy how much my style has changed!)
- SPRING 2015: HOME OFFICE (I did this one while VERY newly pregnant – I didn’t even know I was pregnant yet)
- FALL 2015: NURSERY (the reveal on this one was delayed because I was MAJORLY pregnant!)
- FALL 2016: POWDER ROOM (this one was quick and easy!)
- SPRING 2017: LAUNDRY ROOM (the crowd fave – this one was SO much fun!)
- FALL 2017: MUDROOM & ENTRY (the one I ended up doing over…)
- FALL 2018: SHARED TODDLER BEDROOM (possibly my fave to date – I love this room so much!)
- SPRING 2019: MASTER BATHROOM (the first and only ORC space that wasn’t my own)
- FALL 2019: MASTER BEDROOM AND BATHROOM (my own, and my FIRST TIME as a featured designer)
This is also my longest streak of ORCs ever – this will be 4 seasons in a row!
Now, you can see in the title which space we’re tackling, but let’s chat about the transformation of this dining room for a minute… Here’s how she started out:
And this is when I decided that wall couldn’t possibly just be white, so I painted the buffalo check pattern on it, in green paint, because I thought black and white would be TOO MUCH black and white. As if. I also painted the table grey, and I’ve never loved it because the grey is too cool.
So what’s next? Well the buffalo plaid will be replaced with a grey and white mural that I am completely obsessed with! The table will be painted (colour TBC because I think black will be too dark!) and a built-in bench with some delicious faux leather. These chairs are also getting reupholstered, but I haven’t decided on the fabric yet!
Truthfully, a few things are still up in the air, like the leather colour, table colour, how I’m building the bench, and what’s happening on the other side of all of this, but I’m happy with the general idea so far!
BIG HUGE THANKS to the lovely brands that have sponsored this makeover to help us out!Visit Website