Did you know that August 24th is National Peach Pie Day? Yeah. That’s really a thing! Despite being mid-move, I took s few minutes to make a really easy and simple dessert that would be great for this time of year, since, you know, peaches are in season and all!
I’d love to say I’m sharing a recipe with you, but this really isn’t much of an actual recipe, so let me share the steps I took to make these.
Let’s start with the ingredients (you can see a full list and instructions int he recipe card at the end of the post):
You’ll want to peel and slice some fresh peaches. Or use canned ones… whatever floats your boat!
Open up some crescent rolls, brush on melted butter and sprinkle a mix of brown sugar and melted butter on them.
Make some cream cheese icing by combining softened cream cheese and icing sugar and add a dollop onto each roll.
Place a slice of peach on the icing – yum!
Fold/roll up your crescent rolls so that all ends come together and you close up everything in a little package. No one ever said it had to be neat or look good, ok?
Sprinkle them with love – also known as brown butter and cinnamon. Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes once they’re a nice golden brown. Or dig right in and eat them. I’ll never judge you. Plus, that’s what I did.
And that’s it! I didn’t have any ice cream on hand or I would have had some with this, because I’m sure that would make it even MORE delicious! But I have to say, they were pretty darn good on their own and I’d totally eat these for breakfast lunch and dinner. Ha!
Here’s the recipe card, as promised:
- 1 package ofcrescent rolls
- 1/4 cup of cream cheese
- icing sugar
- 2 peaches
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of butter
- vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and slice peaches. Set aside.
- Mix together the cream cheese and icing sugar. Add vanilla extract (optional). Set aside.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds.
- Open your crescent rolls and lay them all out on a cookie sheet. Brush on melted butter. Set remainder aside.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle half of it onto the crescent rolls. Set remainder aside.
- Place a dollop of the cream cheese icing in the center of each crescent roll.
- Place one slice of peach on top of the cream cheese icing.
- Fold the crescent roll corners and roll into a rosebud-type shape.
- Brush on the rest of the melted butter and sprinkle on remaining brown sugar and cinnamon mix.
- Place cookie sheet in oven and bake for about 12 minutes or until crescent rolls are a golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
I’m not much of a baker, let alone of things as complicated as pie (though I did make a pumpkin pie once), but these are even easy enough for me, so I’m positive anyone – and I mean ANYone – can manage to make these. Give it a try!