Are you sick of seeing food posts here yet? I hope not because we still have a bit to go in this Whole30 challenge and I definitely have more recipes to share, like this one!
So as usual, I got no photos of the process/making of this dish because to be honest it was a total spur of the moment thing. Alex and I were having one of those days where we just didn’t know what to eat, despite all the food in the fridge. We wanted something rich, delicious, and still Whole30 friendly, but that seemed impossible. That is, until I remembered we had curry powder! Enter the meal that saved our taste buds and reminded us that this Whole30 thing is doable: Paleo Butternut Squash Chicken Curry!
- 4 cups of cubed butternut squash (about half a squash)
- 2 lbs of chicken breasts cut into small strips or cubed
- curry powder
- 1 can of coconut milk
- half of an onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Place olive oil and minced garlic into a heated pot, add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add chicken and begin to brown over medium-high heat.
- Add curry powder (I did not measure, but I assumed it was around 4 tablespoons, at least!) and continue to cook.
- After about 5 minutes, add butternut squash and can of coconut milk. Mix everything together until you have a somewhat runny sauce.
- Cover and allow to cook for about 20 minutes or until squash is tender. The sauce will thicken once it starts to cool, so don't worry if it's still too runny.
- This is delicious served over rice, but that's not Whole30 friendly. You can try some cauliflower rice (steamed cauliflower put through a food processor) instead.
I also finished eating my lunch, put some curry into a cute little bowl, sprinkled some parsley on it and ran upstairs to take photos before I lost the sunlight. Confessions of a blogger… I don’t even think Alex was surprised.
Aw shucks, you guys… now I want curry again!Visit Website