No one warned me! I should have asked for a robot vacuum the moment I found out I was pregnant.
No one told me that having a shedding dog and two babies would drive me to the point of near insanity because when babies start doing things like eating solids and crawling and then walking, more dirt is produced and then dragged around than I can possibly keep up with.
Here’s the other issue: I REALLY like clean floors. Like, really. A lot. It makes me so happy to be able to walk barefoot and not have a single teeny tiny crumb stick to the bottom of my feet! Ask my husband. I do a happy dance when the floors are clean.
So where am I going with this? Well, I’m answering a big question today: HOW can we keep floors clean without enduring the constant torture of vacuuming? Because vacuuming is right up there with folding and putting away laundry as far as “things I absolutely despise having to do” go.
This is where my new BFF comes in. bObi. I think it’s pronounced “Bobby” and Marquis says “Bow-bee.” I don’t think it really matters, but I like mine better. Here are the professional crumb-makers with my professional crumb-fighter: the bObi Classic.
Here’s what I love about her (yes, it’s a girl!):
- I can program bObi to get to work anytime of the day, any day of the week. Even if I’m not home.
- If I am here, and I need her to go specific places, she comes with a remote control and I can gently guide her to the right crumb-y places.
- She fits under basically all of our furniture, so she can get into all the hard to reach spots!
- I don’t have to worry about her falling down the stairs. Her many sensors keep her from going over the edge.
- She goes from hard floor to carpet seamlessly.
- The dustbin is completely detachable and can be washed to get rid of all the dust.
- She also mops. SAY WHAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?! Yep. It’s true. I haven’t used this feature yet (I’m not sure why), so I can’t confirm how amazing it is, but hello…. bObi can mop. That’s incredible.
The kids are basically obsessed with bObi. They love that she moves away from them and they can chase her, and she beeps softly when one of her buttons are pushed – there are 3 touch-buttons on the top:
- GO: Simple, you press it, she moves.
- JUICE: When you feel like bObi is done and you want to send her home, aka: to her charging station. I should note that she will do this on her own when the battery gets low. She’s just so darn smart!
- WAFFLE: When you want bObi to clean a small area (like the spot near the highchairs or the entryway, which gets lots of dirt).
Here’s what I don’t love about her:
- She won’t fold the laundry. Ugh.
- She sometimes gets tangled up in things I leave on the floor. Clearly this is her fault, because I can’t be held responsible for leaving balloons hanging with ribbon all over the floor, right? True story. That happened. bObi got all tangled up. I rescued her and we’re friends again.
- She doesn’t know how to empty her own dustbin. I always have to do it for her. And she never says thank you!
Basically, there’s nothing I don’t actually love about bObi. She has changed our lives because now I don’t feel like I need to constantly have a vacuum attached to me. I feel good about my kids crawling and walking everywhere because I’m no longer thinking about the dust bunnies they’re about to find. What parent out there doesn’t want something to make cleaning easier? To make life easier?
Now, do you want to see her in action?
She was literally picking up Cheerios as they fell. Heart eyes. All the heart eyes.
Have you ever used one of these? Ever wanted to try one? No time like the present, right? If you have any questions about bObi, ask away! I’ll give you my honest to goodness opinion!