Advertisements

Hey friends! So this week’s update is pretty boring, but I have to say I’m excited about it because it means we have floors and walls. Well, we always had floors and walls, but now we have prettier versions of both! You ready for the exhilarating photos?

So here’s where we started last week and where we’re at this week:

Nursery Before - 1

IMG_7763

So the green walls are gone and have been replaced by a soft grey. Specifically, this is “Statuesque” by Behr. It was my favourite colour from the moment we first put the samples up on the wall!

The closet is still a bit of a mess. I have some plans for it, but I keep going back and forth on a few things, and we hadn’t taken the shelf and rod off just yet, so I just kind of painted around them.

Advertisements

IMG_7765

Here are some of the nursery closets that are currently inspiring me, however. I’m hoping to have a dresser in there, and most likely use it as a changing table also. I won’t be putting doors back on the closet for now, so it’ll be open to the rest of the room to make things a little easier to access. That also means it has to be pretty!

nursery-closet-revised1

IMG_4043

DSC05857

closet2

babys-first-closet

Sources: 1 2345

So that’s where we’re going next. And just to remind you of our ongoing list, here’s where we’re at:

WEEK 1:

Advertisements
  • remove carpet and trim
  • prep walls for painting
  • decide on a paint colour
  • remove closet doors

WEEK 2:

• install laminate flooring
  • empty closet – (not quite there yet…)
  • remove closet door frame and carpet
  • paint walls
  • install baseboards

WEEK 3:

• figure out closet organization
  • decide on artwork for walls and/or accent wall (wallpaper or DIY)
  • window treatments
  • cut & paint door
  • final decision on pillows and linens

WEEK 4:

• finish installing door
  • put the crib together
  • frame artwork
  • mobile (buy or DIY?)
  • decide on final plan for furniture placement

WEEK 5:

• move all furniture in
  • finish arranging all artwork
  • install book ledges
  • complete all finishing touches – the fun part!

WEEK 6:

• NOTHING! We’re done. Now it’s time for the reveal!

And that’s that! We’re slightly behind with the closet not being emptied and the baseboards not being installed, but luckily those are fairly quick things to do.

Don’t forget to check out what the 20 design bloggers are up to, and see what all of the other guest participants have up their sleeves this week!

Now if you have any knowledge to share with me about nursery closets, please do share!

Until next week!

Advertisements

Danica

October 15, 2015

Love the idea of the change table in the closet! Looking forward to see how this room turns out!

October 16, 2015

Thanks, girl! Space will be tight once there are two cribs in there, so I figure it’s a good option.

Kristi

October 15, 2015

WOW! You are killing it Thalita!!! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for that closet!

October 16, 2015

Thanks so much, Kristi! It’s hard to feel like anything is getting done at this point since nothing looks “pretty”, but we’ll get there!

Amy ~ Love On Sunday

October 15, 2015

Love your closet inspo! And I love that you used ‘Statuesque’ by Behr for the paint colour. We used the same paint in our livingroom. It’s the perfect light and creamy grey :) Looking forward to seeing your next weeks update xo

October 16, 2015

Thanks, Amy!! I am LOVING this colour! It may be my favourite grey yet!

Heather @ The Deans List Blog

October 15, 2015

You are doing awesome! Love how you are utilizing the closet!

October 16, 2015

Thanks so much, Heather!! It’s definitely been a challenge trying to figure out how to fit everything into this room!

Jennifer Flores (@ramblingreno)

October 16, 2015

That’s looking great already and you’re on track with your timeline ;) Nursery closets – little ones grow so quickly that I find it’s helpful to keep the sizes separated. For example, put 0-3 in one basket, 3-6 in another and same with stuff on the rod, just use those hanging signs that say sizes on them (you can probably get them from Etsy). Oh, and I also had an empty bin where I threw things that Chloe had outgrown.

October 20, 2015

Thanks so much for those amazing tips, Jen!!! I never would have thought to keep a bin for clothes they outgrow. So smart!!!

karolinabarnes

October 19, 2015

You’re doing so well. I can’t believe you’ve made so much progress already. I haven’t started yet with my kitchen but determined to start painting the walls tomorrow. Your floor looks amazing. Karolina

October 20, 2015

Thanks so much, Karolina! Best of luck to you with the painting. I’m sure it’s going to look amazing! :)

Lesley Metcalfe (@lesleymetcalfe_)

October 23, 2015

I love those closet inspiration pics! Leaving the doors off is a good idea – you don’t want to be fussing with having to open a door when you’ll be holding two babies!