Advertisements

Maybe I’ve lost my mind, I’m not sure, but I’m doing another One Room Challenge makeover this season. If you’ve never heard of it, Linda from Calling it Home hosts this mass online event twice a year, and hundreds of people join in to start and finish a room makeover in just 6 weeks. It’s insane, but also incredibly rewarding. I’ve done several of them already:

Bedroom | Office | Nursery | Powder Room

You can also see all of these in my ORC page, also.

Ok so let’s get to the good stuff. The actual room I’m making over! This year I decided to tackle our laundry room. It’s always a mess in there, and we need to move the machines around anyway, so why not just make the whole room over, right? Slowly we’re working on having the entire main floor of the house made over, and this will bring us one giant step closer!

Advertisements

So here’s the deal with this room. It used to be (part of) the kitchen.

It’s slightly smaller now, but this is where it all started. Tho upper cabinets on the right are still in the room, and I’m undecided on whether I’ll keep them or toss them. We do need the storage quite badly, so we’ll see.

Now, before I share my entire mood board with you, I actually need your help! I need you to help me choose between two different looks.

The first includes a lemon removable wallpaper (that I am obsessed with), which will include some other yellow accents in the room. The wall colour will likely be blush to match the wallpaper, in this case, and just one wall will be dedicated to this fun little print. The rug here is jute with a yellow border (but maybe white with a natural border is best?) and that texture would be repeated in the space with baskets. Truth be told, this is my favourite option.

Advertisements

The second option has blush walls and a very bold Chartreuse rug with roses. I am head over heels in love with this rug, you guys. Like, heart eyes all day long. Me. In love with something this bold! Crazy, no? Anyway, the plan here would be somewhat similar – pink, yellow, muddy green (or maybe navy?) on the cabinets.

So this is where I desperately need you to tell me which one you love most.

Oh, and if you happen to have suggestions to really throw a wrench in my plans, please feel free to do so!

Remember to check out all of the participants of the One Room Challenge, and I’ll see you back here at the same time next week with a decision on the design, a full mood board, and more on what the room currently looks like!

Huge thanks to the wonderful companies sponsoring this makeover!

The Home Depot Canada | Blanco Canada | Rugs USA | Wayfair.ca | Letter Board Co. | Giant Tiger| Afloral | Walls Need Love | Fusion Mineral Paint

Advertisements

Laurie @ Vin'yet Etc.

April 5, 2017

Wow lady, I’m loving your bold choices! I’m wondering if you could somehow find a print of that rug (mood board 2) for your wall as wall paper? It’s so completely gorgeous! Regardless of what you do though, it will be awesome, what a fantastic room, that light is beautiful!

April 6, 2017

Oh man, I have searched… but now I may just have that rug come live in our walk-in closet with more pink. Husbands don’t need a say in closet colours, do they?

Ashleigh Baker

April 5, 2017

Lemons, they scream clean and fresh. Plus it puts a bit of whimsy to the mundane task of laundry.

April 6, 2017

Right? That’s why I fell in love with it. So fun!

Courtney

April 6, 2017

Pink!!!! All day. I love that blush colour.

April 6, 2017

It’s probably my favourite colour ever!

arielgarneau

April 6, 2017

blush walls with that AMAZING rug!

April 6, 2017

Call me crazy, but I’m now plotting pink walls and that rug for the walk-in closet. Maybe for the next ORC. More pink. More colour!!!!

Kristi

April 6, 2017

Oh my gosh! This is going to be such a fun space! I’m totally loving those little lemons!

Right? I need the lemons. And the rug. Just not together hahaha

christine dovey

April 6, 2017

you know my feelings…do all the things. Rug, wallpaper, pink on the ceiling:)

April 6, 2017

hahaha yes!!! Now I’m thinking that all the florals need to go in the one room closet/dressing room we’re plotting. More pink. More florals! xo

sarahsofiaproductions

April 6, 2017

Oh I’m loving your inspiration and the fresh and beautiful wallpaper! Excited to see you back in this ORC round! Let’s do this my friend! XOXO, Sarah

Thanks so much, Sarah!!xoxo

Lindi

April 6, 2017

LOVE this! I would lean more towards more yellow and less pink… but I’m not a huge pink girl! So excited to see what you chose! No doubt that this will be amazing!

April 6, 2017

Thanks, Lindi!!! For someone who steers clear of colour, this will be an interesting one for me!

Julie (@ellivenstudio)

April 6, 2017

Gosh, T! I love both! But my little heart will always be swayed to go with pink ;)

April 6, 2017

Pink is bound to end up in this room one way or another hahaha

Cassie Bustamante

April 6, 2017

that rug is going to make this space! love that bold color and pattern with everything else!

April 7, 2017

The colour isn’t something I’d normally go for, but I’m obsessed with it! Thanks, Cassie!

Amy @ Love On Sunday

April 6, 2017

Cheers to losing our minds, I have too!;) I love the yellow wallpaper but I feel like the pink wall would be easier to change down the road if you get sick of it. I’m leaning towards the pink! Can’t wait to see what you do. xo

April 7, 2017

Ah you’re so right. I can’t believe we’re both doing this to ourselves hahaha

Bre

April 6, 2017

Love your bold choices…I think I lean more towards option #2! Can’t wait to see what you decide!

April 7, 2017

Thanks so much, Bre! Pink is definitely making its way into this room!

Emy

April 7, 2017

I love that wallpaper so much! Just add pink flowers. ;) Can’t wait to see this room!

April 7, 2017

Thanks so much, Emy! I’m in love with that wallpaper :)

Sarah @ Making Joy and Pretty Things

April 7, 2017

I think I like mood board #2 the best! That blush color and the bold rug are gorgeous!

April 7, 2017

Right?!? I need that rug in my life. And blush pink. :)

Brittany Goldwyn

April 7, 2017

Beautiful plants, Thalita! I love the cabinet and hardware choices!!

April 7, 2017

Thanks so much, Brittany!

Kristin Cadwallader

April 7, 2017

Oh, I love the colors! Can’t wait to follow along. xo

Thanks, Kristin!

cwildenberg

April 7, 2017

I love that bold yellow and floral rug! I say go for it. Laundry rooms are a great place to have some fun with things. Easy enough to change out later too if you end up getting sick of it!

April 11, 2017

You’re so right! The rest of the house is super neutral so I want this space to be different for sure!

Madness and Method

April 9, 2017

Both the room plans are good – but I would say to go with your gut. You could always order everything and then pick at the last minute? Good luck!

April 11, 2017

I like the way you think!!!!!

Casey

April 10, 2017

That wallpaper is gorgeous! I’m excited to see your progress – I need some serious inspiration for my laundry room :)

April 11, 2017

Thanks so much, Casey! Fingers crossed it all comes together!

Creatively Homespun

April 11, 2017

WOOOOW! I would sell my left leg to have that much space for laundry! That’s fantastic! I can’t wait to see the final project!! xo

April 19, 2017

Thanks so much!!! I do feel spoiled by the fact that it’s not as small as our last, and is on our main floor!